Thursday, December 6, 2012

I'm the MAD guy at the gym...

Most people don't know me...  so I'll lay it out for you.

I'm that guy in the gym who everyone thinks never smiles.  They think I'm always mad.  Even though all of my clients and friends will say I act with a gentle but firm hand, I am not there to be nice...  not there to make excuses or listen to them.  I'll tell you what works, and enable you to attain your goals.  I know that if you take the necessary steps, plan for your goal, and learn to push through every obstacle you can get farther in life than you ever thought possible.  I will go out of my way to help you get the results you deserve.

...but I wasn't always this way.

A decade ago I was lost... had no passion or plan.  I was selfish.  I had just got out of high school, and though being athletic with a background in weightlifting, gymnastics, and wrestling I had not prepared to become a successful person.  I had thrown away opportunities in pursuit of insignificant pleasures.  I sacrificed time and opportunities to play games, watch TV, and generally screw off.  I bounced around from job to job, trade to trade, never finding anything I wanted to do.  This led to debt, being frustrated, and eventually to my downfall.

In 2006 I got injured.  I took a 15' fall at work and sprained every muscle from my chest to my knees.  I also chewed up 2 of the discs in my lower spine which led eventually to damage to my nerve tissue.  I spent months dealing with insurance companies and docs who refused to treat me.  I dealt with depression, chronic severe pain, and true rage...  I watched my body start to whither.  My left leg started to shrink and eventually I could barely walk on my own.  I decided that it was do or die.  I contemplated my options, and it was kill or be killed.

I got MAD...  Mindful, Aggressive, and Determined...  and took action to solve my problems.

I studied, learned the physiology of the human body.  Kinestheology, biomechanics, pain management techniques, nutrition, supplementation... these became my arsenal.  Now I needed a team to bring it all together.

I found a doctor who was able to help me, a chiropractor who helped me rebuild my back, and a physical therapist who gave me the strength to rebuild my body from the ground up.

3 years of hell.  Every day, focusing on the end game.  At first it was to walk, then it became to become better than I was.  At the start of 2010, I had become stronger than I ever had been and had learned who I was.

I had found my passion.  I had found my purpose.  I had to continue to evolve and help others do the same.

So that is what created me...  the MAD guy in the gym. To achieve your goals, you need to be Mindful, Aggressive, and Determined.




No comments:

Post a Comment